Monday 28 May 2012

Different Climates - A Visit to Gloucestershire

I've just got back from visiting my parents who are living in Gloucestershire. It's quite incredible how much further things are along there considering it's only 250 miles south. Both plants and animals are weeks ahead and it's striking how green it is. My parents live on a canal boat and the village where they're moored is quite small and very quiet. It's lovely at the boat - you can't hear any cars or anything. Very peaceful. It's the first time I've visited that part of the country and I'm very taken with it. A truly beautiful area.

Here are some pictures I took while we were there.

A mandarin duck and ducklings

Forgetmenots (I think) growing wild

Some beautiful irises and aquilegia in this garden. I'm quite jealous!



A classic English countryside view - a field of buttercups

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me! Please be kind, I'm such a delicate soul...