Saturday 19 May 2012

The obligatory "before shot"

Our garden was a mess when we moved in to this house. No other way of putting it. Totally neglected shrubs grown way beyond their allotted places, beds overgrown to the pointing of me having to dig what was effectively a layer of turf off the top of them, and trees that hadn't had any maintenance done in years.

Working from this is both good and bad. Good in that I have a more or less blank canvas to play with, bad in that there's nothing there which can seem a little bleak at times, and isn't helping my impatience whilst waiting for things to become established.

Here are the before photos.

The front garden:




Not strictly before shots as I'd hacked things back a bit and put a few bedding plants in, but it's the closest I've got.

The back garden was much the same, but the soil is much worse. Heavy clay with very poor drainage.




This one is the side bed after I'd started digging it out, and a large dip in the lawn was filled in and reseeded.



So, plenty to do, lots of space to fill. Loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me! Please be kind, I'm such a delicate soul...